Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hot in Hollywood?


Photo montage of the day:


1. my attempt at being edgy - green nails. heard they’re in!


2. trying to dress up the natural wave with some hair bling at work.


3. being an adult means sitting in LA traffic for hours on the commute home.


4. my favorite flats made a trip to the office.


So yesterday was day two at the office, and I’ve got my first bit of exciting news to share: I will be attending US Magazine’s Hot Hollywood party this spring, and oh yeah…the Oscars too.

I’m seriously so excited I can’t even pretend to do that whole I’m-so-over-it-not-even-impressed thing! But it’s not the celebrity guest list that has me counting down the days to the red carpet though (although if I find out Carrie Underwood is attending either event that will quickly change) - it’s more the fact that my impending introduction to the fashion, glamour, and glitter of Hollywood have me feeling a little like Cinderella at the ball. Or in my case, the cubicle.

 Yesterday pretty much started out the same as Monday. I went with another intern to Starbs again and grabbed another round of venti-chai-somethings, and was still put oddly at ease by one of the baristas. This one didn’t call me darling, but he did compliment me on my “nice blouse.” Big fan of that Starbucks!

Other odd jobs included calling on a Women of Hollywood SAG awards gifting suite for our event coordinator and running to grab some paperwork from the William Morris Endeavor off Rodeo Drive. WME was interesting. When I walked into the lobby, I had no idea where I was. About every 10 seconds one of the four receptionists at the long white desk would get a phone call on their Britney-esque ear piece, during which each respective receptionist would kindly crush the garbled dreams of a hopeful actor or actress on the other end of the line.


After overhearing the receptionists’ side of more than a few of these one-way conversations, I finally decided to ask just what exactly WME was. When I finally walked up to the desk to ask, one of the male receptionists gave me a polite smile that seemed to say “you’re clearly a half-wit farm girl, but I’ll tolerate you because your ignorance is charming,” and informed me that WME was a talent agency.


He wasn’t lying, either. Once I sat back down in the reception area (that overlooked the Hollywood sign towering in the distance over Rodeo, by the way), I googled the agency and found a list of several of their clients, which included Ben Affleck, Shia Labeof, Jennifer Garner, Olivia Wilde, and Vanessa Hudgens, just to name a few. And yes, Karley from Sunnybrook farm was indeed impressed.


After returning to the office, our boss took all of the interns out to lunch and answered our star-struck questions (i.e. who have you met? where will we go? what all will be doing?). Overall, day two was a success. We’ve got some fantastic events coming up at the office, and I can’t wait to share them all with y’all! But in the mean time, check out the latest inspiration pics I found while snooping around people.com at work. I’m loving Hilary Duff’s style lately! .


         


xxo

No comments

Post a Comment

Karley with a K. Todos los derechos reservados. © Maira Gall.