Wednesday, September 21, 2011

All I'm Askin'

is forrrrr a little respect!

Just kidding, I’m actually asking for your follows, likes, questions, comments, shares, support, encouragement, and prayers. But that didn’t match with Aretha’s lyrics, so you know, I thought I’d list them second.

Y’all, this is going to be me soon!



I mean, I won’t be Selena Gomez. And I won’t be brunette. And I won’t be in Monte Carlo, exactly…I’ll be about 20 minutes away, in Monaco. But I definitely could be wearing a boots & ballgown combo. And I definitely WILL be going on all sorts of amazing French adventures!

In reality, I’ll probably look a little more like this:



Yep, that’s me! Holding a glass of wine, pretending I know what the heck I’m doing when I swirl it, blonde…

I will be leaving from Texas on September 30th, and will arrive in Monaco on the 1st of October. So soon, right? I can’t even handle it!

Originally, I created this blog as part of a school assignment while at Pepperdine. (Read more about that here). Since then, it’s become a very exciting way for me to share my recipes, thoughts, inspirations, fashion ideas, and DIY projects. As I begin this new journey, I’d like to take this post to ask a few things of you.

My beautiful followers, friends, and family:

1. Keep reading. It’s an easy, fun way for us all to “stay in touch” while I’m overseas. Plus, I plan on blogging every day to document everything I’m seeing/learning/experiencing. From coffee shops to open air markets to embarrassing admissions of failed attempts at communicating in French, you’ll find my stories and pictures here.

2. I literally covet your prayers and words of encouragement - please send them my way! They were a lifeline for me while I was in California, and I know they will be the same while I’m discovering France.

3. As a writer, blogging is an amazing way for me to get some practice in “publishing” and to start building a following - and by reading, liking, sharing, and commenting on my blogs, you can help me do that! Pass on the link to my blog, or encourage your non-tumblr friends to follow it via bloglovin! (see the fun eiffel tower link over there? —->pass him along)

The easiest way to become a “follower” of my blog if you don’t have a tumblr is to make an account with bloglovin.com. This is a GREAT website—it’s how I stay *updated* on all of the blogs I read! Plus, it’s free! To become an official follower of my blog, register an account at www.bloglovin.com. Once you have made an account, search “decaf and dessert” in the search bar at the top of the website’s page. This will take you to a page that showcases my blog. Simply click “follow”, and you’ll be informed every time I post a picture or thought for the day!

And that’s all I’m askin’!

Since deciding to take this job as an au pair, I’ve had so many people ask me the same question: how the heck did you stumble into his magical setup?

Well, the answer is really very simple, and it starts the same way that every magical story starts: I met a boy…

For now, we’ll call him the “French Connection.” After all, if I hadn’t met him, I wouldn’t be going to France.
Mysterious, huh? Guess you’ll have to keep reading. :)

In closing, I’ve got one last request for you. (I know, right? I’m greedy.) If you would like to, please consider praying these specific things over me:

1. That I will go boldly into this new experience without fear, trembling, or self-awareness.
2. That I will be a light to this French family and their children.
3. That I will have confidence in speaking and learning French, and establish fun relationships with others my age.
4. That I will make the most of every opportunity.
5. That I will connect with someone—be it a person or a church family—that will encourage me spiritually while in France.
6. That I don’t wreck the family’s car when I drive it into Monaco to buy groceries (really though…)

Thank you all so much for always surrounding me in love. I am immeasurably blessed by each and every one of you!

xox

No comments

Post a Comment

Karley with a K. Todos los derechos reservados. © Maira Gall.