Sunday, August 11, 2013

In with the new

I have a new name, a new husband, and a hundred new ideas. So obviously, it's time for a new blog home.

First things first: God is good! Look at this handsome man! He's my husband. What?


Last time I blogged consistently, I was living in the South of France and working as an au pair. I ate chocolate croissants, had an espresso break at 4 o'clock every day, captured artisanal markets with my camera, and visited places such as Paris, Switzerland, and Venice. That was cool and exciting. This whole marriage thing? It's in another league. 

Then, I would see a sunset and swallow all the things I had to say about it. Now, I see a sunset—or Mayan ruins in Mexico, or an episode of The Bachelorette—and I have someone to share it with. I have someone to share life with. I could not be more thankful.

Chichen Itza, our first of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World to see together.



Throughout our short (read: really short) engagement, I wrote a column for D Weddings to help other brides-on-the-fly pull off a fabulous wedding of their own on a limited time frame. To catch up on our back story, click here and scroll through the "Hitched in a Hurry" archives. 

Now, in with the new. With this blog, I'm planning to document: Our life. My art commissions. Our travels. My publishing journey (please, Lord, let there be a publishing journey). Our apartment transformation (we've got a lot of DIY in our future). God-stories and inspirations. And, you know...probably a lot of stuff about food and coffee, because I can't seem to get away from those subjects.

So let's get started! Beginning with the theme of travel, I give you: A Tastefully Curated Collection of TKK Wedding Weekend/Honeymoon-in-Mexico Pictures. Stay tuned for more wedding goodies. I'll be posting ceremony and reception pictures + video just as soon as I can get my hands on them.

Hilton Head, SC



Riviera Maya, Mexico
 

Tulum + Chichen Itza Ruins, Mexico

  
 
  
Probably my favorite picture. Of all time.

And finally...

Playing the Mayan hip-bump game a la Road to El Dorado, clearly.

Here's to new beginnings and fantastic adventures on the horizon, for us and for you. Cheers!

No comments

Post a Comment

Karley with a K. Todos los derechos reservados. © Maira Gall.