Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Making Myself at Home

7 things that have made my new space feel like home.


1. A simple craft lets me turn a cute shopping bag into a cuter display board for all the pictures I brought of my beautiful friends and family.


before




during


 



after



2. Showy necklaces + a sketch make the room feel like me.


     


                          


3. A clear compartment box from The Container Store works double duty as an organizer and a fun display case for my fancy-schmancy jewelry. 


  


4. The room wouldn’t be mine if it didn’t have books, magazines, and journals… everywhere.




5. A care package just has this way of making you feel so cared about.



6. Pumpkin spice latte mix, to take the place of all the Starbucks runs I’m missing. Je t’aime beaucoup, Maxwell House.



7. A cinnamon-orange scented sachet. I bought it in France, but it makes my room smell just like the candles my mom burns in our Texas kitchen during the fall.



And a few extras:


·      Sipping on coffee and tea all day yesterday while it rained


·      Building a tent in the living room with the kids


·      Letting the kids snack on popcorn and hot chocolate underneath ^^ tent


·      Making baked apples for dessert (okay, maybe I cheated and did them in a pan…)


·      Curling up in this fun guy to grab a coffee with a new friend on the boardwalk



Do we see a small connection between these two photos? Maybe? I’ll keep working on it. Back to the point:



“I long, as every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.” - Maya Angelou


1 Corinthians 2:7-9 But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But, as it is written,”What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him.”


Being “at home” on earth is nice—especially when the air is crisp, you’re wearing a cozy turtleneck, the fire is popping, and something that smells like nutmeg and pumpkin is waiting to be taken out of the oven.


So thankful for experiences like that! But even more thankful for the eternal home that’s waiting for me.


Off to a mini vacay in Venice for the rest of the week. Be back soon though, with lots of fun stories to share. Ciao, bellas!


xox

No comments

Post a Comment

Karley with a K. Todos los derechos reservados. © Maira Gall.