Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Big Reveal

Here it is!


The moment you’ve all been waiting for.


I know you’ve been dying of anticipation, right?



Well, revive yourselves. Because right now, at this very moment, I am lifting the veil from my super top secret Texa-French-ican Thanksgiving menu!




It should be noted that it took me awhile to narrow the menu down to the selection you’re about to view. The thing is, I went a little crazy on the recipe hunt. I’m just too darn thankful for food, you know?




I dog-eared pages of Better Homes and Gardens and Family Circle, begged my mom to scan and e-mail my grandmother’s recipes, bookmarked yummy things on myrecipes.com, and googled “how to make the perfect pie crust” and “is it possible to make yeast rolls without a bread maker?” (answer is still unknown, but by golly I’m going to give it the old Texas Try tomorrow).


  





Prep time started today, but the real work begins tomorrow. And I. Can’t. Wait! Introducing my French family to Thanksgiving is going to be such a fun twist on a very traditional American holiday. Love that!





If you were to hop on a flight to Southern France tomorrow morning, this is what you’d find on the menu at our little get-together. And if you are planning on globe-trotting on Turkey Day, just let me know. I’ll have a place setting ready, just for you.


Thanksgiving Menu


Appetizers


Deviled eggs


Winter vegetable medley—beet, apple, and carrot salad




Main Course


Tarragon chicken


Apple sausage stuffing


Creamy green bean casserole


Winter vegetable puree


Homemade butter yeast rolls



Dessert


Caramel pecan pie with dark chocolate glaze


Pear and cranberry crostata


Is it weird that it almost feels like Christmas Eve to me? I had so much fun starting the prep work today…making a 100% from-scratch green bean casserole, fluting the edges of “the perfect pie crust,” dicing up all the veggies for the apple sausage stuffing and the winter vegetable salad…I can’t wait to see it all come together!


The big day is tomorrow.


Games will be played. Thanks will be given. Pictures will be taken. More coming soon.




Bon appetit, y’all! xo


No comments

Post a Comment

Karley with a K. Todos los derechos reservados. © Maira Gall.